You’ve Transferred Your Home in or out of a trust. Have you notified the county for your Homestead Exemption?

When real estate is transferred in or out of a trust and it is receiving the Homestead Exemption, you must notify the County Fiscal Office of the change. The county will send you a short form to complete, and if the home is being transferred into the trust, will request select portions of the trust to ensure that you meet the requisite criteria. For more information on how to reduce your real estate taxes with the Homestead Exemption, see For more information on the Homestead Exemption and your trust, contact a Cleveland estate planning lawyer.