Differences between Medicare and Medicaid at a glance:
Medicare: Federal health insurance, administered by SSA.
- To be eligible,
- You or your spouse must have paid into the Medicare system for at least ten years.
- You must be 65 or older unless you have a disability or permanent kidney failure.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- No income requirements.
- May have premiums, copays & deductible.
- To enroll:
- If already receiving SS or Railroad benefits before age 65, then automatically enrolled in Part A & Part B.
- If not receiving, should contact SSA three